Teachers or students who want the original PPT please tweet @psychopepper
- To KNOW and UNDERSTAND what the features are of a correlation.
- To ANALYSE scattergrams and correlations coefficients.
- To be able to EVALUATE the strengths and limitations of correlations.
- To CREATE a correlation based on experience of conducting a test.
- Complete the two questionnaires on self esteem and femininity.
- Answer starter questions on correlations from booklet
- Operationalise variables and know how to write relationships based hypotheses and how they are different from experimental hypotheses.
- Know how to write a null hypothesis.
- Complete a scattergram for class data on femininity and self esteem
- To take notes in booklet on types and strengths of correlations
- To take notes in booklet on the strengths and limitations of using correlations.
- To have planned and conducted your own correlation of introversion and salivary response. (see teacher for secure resources)
If you would like to access PsychoPepper’s Glossary of Terms please click here
You Lemon (see teacher)
Study Notes (TBC):
If you would like to download a set of study notes for this lesson, you can do so here. If you would like access to the original word file please tweet @psychopepper
TEXTBOOKS OR EXTRA READING:
I would suggest that you have a copy of one of the textbooks which will allow you to read around the subject matter, pre-read ahead of lessons or even take extra notes/practise questions afterwards. I would recommend the following (you do not need to replicate books, one of each type is plenty!)
- Complete Companion Series:
- Psychology for A Level: